Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Year's resolutions 8, 16, 24 and 43...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Current mood: amused
Category: Life

So I don't necessarily sit down and make a list, write it out and pledge to achieve the "list."

Maybe that's where I go wrong year after year...

Here's a sample of the things I think I'd like to work on; lose weight, get in shape, clean out the closets (which also means I'd like them to appear to be organized when I complete that task), stay in touch with friends and family. (These are not listed in order of importance.)

There will always be a few of these things that I'm going to have to repeat year after year... losing weight and staying in shape is a lifetime commitment. Getting into shape is easier to do these days, I have more time to work on that now. I'm enjoying a sport that is new to me (golf) as well as a renewed interest in a few sports and fitness activities I've enjoyed before (tennis, bowling, swimming, yoga/pilates and walking.)

However, if you think about the goals I've mentioned realistically they'll require repeating each and every year. I will always have a desire to stay in touch with family and friends, the closets will always need some attention and I will always need to watch what I eat and exercise. That's just fine with me.

Well sweeties I hear a closet calling my name or maybe that's just the laundry that needs to be washed, folded and put away.

See you later allig8tors.

Currently listening : Begin to Hope By Regina Spektor